The Waite Arboretum occupies 30 hectares and contains about 2,200 specimens representing more than 800 species in 200 genera, all growing under natural annual rainfall of 626 mm. Every tree is labelled and mapped. Special collections include eucalypts, pears, banksias and oaks.
History of the Waite Arboretum
The Arboretum was established on land given by Peter Waite to the University of Adelaide, to be held upon trust and in perpetuity as a park or garden for the enjoyment of the public. Planting of trees from around the world began in 1928.
Click here to learn more about the Waite Arboretum logo - Dragon tree.
Arboretum and Gardens Support
The Friends of the Waite Arboretum